Monday, June 21, 2021

The Mantle Of Elijah

When the LORD took up elijah to heaven in a whirlwind, he was going with elisha from Gilgal. And Elijah said to Elisha, "Stay here, for the LORD has sent me as far as Bethel." But Elisha said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So they went down to Bethel.

Then the followers of the prophets at bethel came out to Elisha and said, "Do you know that to-day the LORD will take away your master from you?" He said, "Yes, I know it; say no more." And Elijah said to him, "Elisha, stay here, for the LORD has sent me to Jericho." But he said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So they came to Jericho.

Then the followers of the prophets at Jericho came near to Elisha and said, "Do you know that to-day the LORD will take your master from you?" He answered, "Yes, I know it; say no more." And Elijah said to him, "Stay here, for the LORD has sent me to the Jordan." But he said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So they both went on.

Fifty followers of the prophets stood opposite them at a distance, while they two stood by the Jordan. Then Elijah rolled up his mantle and with it struck the waters; and they were divided, so that they two went over on dry ground. When they had gone over, Elijah said to Elisha, "Ask what I shall do for you before I am taken from you." Elisha said, "Let a double portion of your spirit be upon me." He replied, "You have asked what is difficult; but if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall come to you; but if you do not, it shall not come."

As they were going on their way talking, a fiery chariot with horses of fire suddenly came and separated the two; and Elijah went up in a whirlwind to heaven. When Elisha saw it, he cried, "My father, my father! the chariots and the horsemen of Israel!" And he saw Elijah no more, but he took hold of his own robes and tore them in two. Then he took up the mantle that had fallen from Elijah.



Popular Bible Queries


Psalms 43:1

Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.

John 1:27

He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

Samuel-1 6:7

Now therefore make a new cart, and take two milch kine, on which there hath come no yoke, and tie the kine to the cart, and bring their calves home from them:

Genesis 12:20

And Pharaoh commanded [his] men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.

Jeremiah 14:17

Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow.

Ezekiel 38:19

For in my jealousy [and] in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

Matthew 6:2

Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Judges 16:30

And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with [all his] might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that [were] therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than [they] which he slew in his life.

Mark 1:32

And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.

Deuteronomy 4:37

And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;

Judges 1:18

Also Judah took Gaza with the coast thereof, and Askelon with the coast thereof, and Ekron with the coast thereof.

Proverbs 10:15

The rich man's wealth [is] his strong city: the destruction of the poor [is] their poverty.

Hebrews 5:7

Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Genesis 42:19

If ye [be] true [men], let one of your brethren be bound in the house of your prison: go ye, carry corn for the famine of your houses:

Job 27:13

This [is] the portion of a wicked man with God, and the heritage of oppressors, [which] they shall receive of the Almighty.

Psalms 39:1

To the chief Musician, [even] to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

Samuel-1 25:8

Ask thy young men, and they will show thee. Wherefore let the young men find favour in thine eyes: for we come in a good day: give, I pray thee, whatsoever cometh to thine hand unto thy servants, and to thy son David.

Chronicles-2 7:6

And the priests waited on their offices: the Levites also with instruments of music of the LORD, which David the king had made to praise the LORD, because his mercy [endureth] for ever, when David praised by their ministry; and the priests sounded trumpets before them, and all Israel stood.

Proverbs 11:9

An hypocrite with [his] mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Kings-1 21:11

And the men of his city, [even] the elders and the nobles who were the inhabitants in his city, did as Jezebel had sent unto them, [and] as it [was] written in the letters which she had sent unto them.

John 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Amos 5:19

As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.

Luke 12:35

Let your loins be girded about, and [your] lights burning;

Psalms 6:2

Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I [am] weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.

Ezra 1:2

Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which [is] in Judah.

Kings-2 2:9

And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

Psalms 148:9

Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars:

Psalms 21:5

His glory [is] great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.

Jeremiah 49:10

But I have made Esau bare, I have uncovered his secret places, and he shall not be able to hide himself: his seed is spoiled, and his brethren, and his neighbours, and he [is] not.

John 14:13

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Reading - Group 10

World English Bible Bible Verses About love - Timothy-1 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted aft...